Sunday, March 1, 2009

Glad to be gilded


Welcome to March, holy crap where did the time go??? At the magazine we just put to bed the May Design Issue, I think thinking four months ahead has started to mess with my brain. I want to think about February damn it, but I thought about that last November.

Anyway the countdown has begun until Sunshine on Sugar Hill hits bookstores. I plan to go undercover at that point because I can’t remember what I said about who! Maybe I should just send out a blanket apology in case I’ve offended a friend, family member and/or entire racial sector of America. It is quite possible as I do tend to play things for laughs. I would like to say though that even though I might say something seemingly inappropriate nothing could ever beat what I say about myself. That is the only defence I can offer.

In lieu of all this added stress and drama I was mercifully whisked away this weekend to The Gild Hall Hotel in the Financial District. Just a couple of days in sheets someone else has lovingly laundered, does wonders for the soul. Sequestered on the sixteenth floor in a King sized bed, I did come to realize a couple of things:

1) Just because you have 500 channels doesn’t mean there is anything to watch
2) Returning home to laundry and a blank computer screen can be a bummer.

Regardless, better to have a break in preparation for the coming week. It’s looking like a big one, will keep you posted. While we are talking work, functions and fashion a big shout out to Joseph Ungocu, 29, 6", new Editorial Director of Whatswear.com. We were sad to see him go, but happy he can shout a round once more.

Next week it’s off to ModaLisboa Fashion Week in Portugal. Another hotel, hooray! I may never stay home on weekends again.

Top left: a little picture of Suzie the rhinoceros, an awesome part of the décor at Gild Hall. Can't recommend it highly enough (particularly if you're paying) ThompsonHotels.com

No comments:

Post a Comment