Friday, March 13, 2009

Should your assistant dispose of your used gum?

Tales from Moda Lisboa - Day Two

After battling into the wee hours to send catwalk shots to whatswear.com I finally got to sleep in my spacious seaside room at Hotel Albatroz, Cascais. Day one had run smoothly enough, thankfully nespresso was on hand to make sure I didnºt fall asleep in the front row.

Note: Nespresso, yes in Europe they are not having to resort to McDonalds as a fashion week sponsor!!!

For all the fashion goss head to:


With the fashion taken care of a few more pressing issues began to arise while waiting for the lights to shine and the models to start strutting their stuff, mainly involving chewing gum (yes, we are a deep bunch).

Chewing gum is a messy yet necessary fashion accesory. It makes your breath minty fresh and keeps away those pesky food cravings. The question arises then, what do you do with it when youºre done?

It was a question Laura Walters of Parisian magazine Wad, and I, began to ponder while waiting for the Miguel Vieira collection. Do you use a napkin, wrap it up and put it in your bag when the thrill is gone? Do you tear a piece of paper from your fashion look book?

Jokingly, in true NY bitch fashion, I suggested our assistant take care of it. She looked at me horrified."I think my assistant would tell me exactly where to stick it if I asked her to dispose of my used gum!"

I wondered what my intern would do in such a case. I think she would do it. If it was properly wrapped I donºt see why not. The alternative is at the end of the day I will be searching through the recesses of my bag looking for used, wrapped chewing gum. And in the busy world of blogging and daily web updates, I just donºt have the time!!!!

All I want to know is, is it assistant abuse? Or can we call it delegating?

No comments:

Post a Comment