Monday, May 24, 2010

St. Louis: Four Seasons Style

A sports bag was awaiting me when I checked into my room at The Four Seasons St. Louis. At first glance it looked like someone had accidently left it there. Housekeeping? A forgetful sports player? I looked around the spotless room, obviously it was already made up, so one would assume the bag was meant for me but as my Dad likes to say, "to ass-u-me makes an ass out of u and me."

Ever curious, I approached with caution. Surely the contents would be the deciding factor. I peered in to find a set of golf balls, a photo frame and a number of other objects. I made a note to ask my contact when we met later that evening and dared not pry anymore just in case... Instead I went to take a quick tour of my room.

Situated on the eighteenth floor in the gorgeous Four Seasons Hotel St. Louis, my room overlooked the towering St. Louis Arches. A home-away-from-home for the rich and famous, the hotel is situated minutes from the CBD, a part of the Lumière Place entertanment complex. With all the amenities one would expect from the Four Seasons it was the perfect place to rest my weary head. A gigantic bathroom with a bath tub made for soaking away the aches and pains of the travel weary, I quickly hung a few things on my silk padded hangers and headed out for dinner at the House of Savoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment