Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lodz, Poland

It was Lodz (pronounced wooodz) rather than Warsaw that proved to be my final destination in Poland. After arriving at the airport I was met by my driver who gathered the four of us (from Milan, Madrid, Berlin and New York) into the waiting mini-van. I calculated my schedule: approximately 20 minutes to the hotel, a 40 minute nap, rehydrate, shower, dress, hit the first fashion show at 3pm, a struggle but doable. Little did I know Lodz was 2 hours away!

Once the shining star of Poland's textile industry this Polish version of Williamsburg houses an amazing array of old abandoned factories now turned into amazing hotels, loft apartments and a venue for fashion week.

Driving through the countryside however, I was glad for the chance to be a tourist, even if it meant giving up sleep for yet another day.

After passing McDonalds, Burger King and KFC (while listening to a Madonna mega-mix on the radio) I was glad to finally get to the Polish countryside complete with tractors, old ladies on pushies and acres of farming land.



No comments:

Post a Comment