Monday, June 7, 2010

Aruba: Aboard the Mi Dushi

Under the gorgeous Aruban sky, the Mi Dushi set sail for crystal blue waters with a crew of suntanned staff and a ship full of enthusiastic holiday makers on board. The first stop: Antilla Shipwreck.

Admittedly, I'm not the first to dive into open ocean (thanks, to my Australian heritage which includes a healthy respect for things that eat you) however, after much reassurance I dove in and swam out to the decades old shipwreck—a WWII remnant with a rich history, even richer marine life. In rough waters, myself and my crew (fellow journalists Shira Levine and Jessica Herman), stuck together to battle the waves. It was the most exercise I've done in years!

Next stop was much calmer and in fact, I stayed in the water longer than ever, possibly because of the company, possibly because of the little fishies on show in the warm, crystal clear water temperature. From there it was lunch and cocktails as we sailed through the bluest water, Bob Marley playing in the background, the sun warming us from the inside out.

After several other adventurous endevours (I did a tandum, rope swing, back flip into the ocean!) we headed back to shore.

For someone who has become so blaze about the tropics this was, in all honesty, the most fun I've had in years. If you head to Aruba, jump on board the Mi Dushi, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment